The Santa Barbara Public Library is the second library in Santa Barbara, California. It is the largest element of the library system which serves Santa Barbara County, containing 365,008 volumes. It circulates 1,585,836 items annually to approximately 225,000 residents. The library’s acting director is Jessica Cadiente. There are branch libraries in Solvang, Buellton, Goleta, Montecito, Carpinteria, and on the Eastside of Santa Barbara. The Santa Barbara Public Library System is a member of the Black Gold Library Consortium, which also includes the San Luis Obispo Library System, the Paso Robles Library, the Santa Maria Library, the Lompoc Library, and the Blanchard Library in Santa Paula.
The Faulkner Art Gallery, and Faulkner East and West Galleries, are also located within the library building.
The library building was designed in 1924 by the architect Carleton Winslow in the Italianate style, and remodeled and expanded in 1979-80. It is located in the center of the city at40 E Anapamu St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, between Anacapa and State Streets, opposite to the Santa Barbara County Courthouse building and adjacent to the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.